My last trip to London was Wednesday 29th Jan 2020. It was to hand over a project I’d been producing on behalf of the Stage Management Committee.
I also attended a meeting with Equity senior management in regards to the Online Branch’s – last stand. 2020 was a progressive year. Our milestones were being awarded funding to explore the development of the branch technology and the assignment of a staff organiser.
I also attended a SafetyCurtain Trustees Meeting before Cybersalon
I had a fabulous overnight stay
Gaming For Good was the last Cybersalon on the ground event I attended
Here is my mini Vlog which I’d neglected to post before now. The practice of capturing short clips and using Quik to mash up a 1 – 3 min video is a good one to master.
If you attend a Cybersalon event be sure to say hello.
Games For Good 3.0 – Tend & Befriend Edition
Last decade will be condemned as a total failure of humanity to work together. Next decade and climate change crisis bring challenges that can only be solved by working together.
Join us on a journey of discovery of games that can skill up our ability to collaborate, from passing weapons, providing covering fire in a firefight, healing or boosting a teammate over obstacles.
- Eva Pascoe (Cybersalon.org) – a peek into the history of collaborative video gaming
- Ben Greenway – emotional exploration on how to cooperate with total strangers when no shared language can be found Journey (by ThatGameCompany).
- Karo Janicka – how to leverage the community to improve village life in Stardew Valley (by Concerned Ape)
- Simon Sarginson – surviving galactic wars by teaming up with aliens in Startopia (by Mucky Foot)
- Douglas Rushkoff – author of Cyberia book (1994) and lead of Team Human podcast on collaboration for the survival of the species
Cybersalon is living despite lockdown. Cyberspace persists!
New Events for your diary for 2021:
2nd February – Tuesday 7 pm – Zoom
Algorithmic Economy – the good, the bad and the ugly
Artificial Intelligence, Silicon Valley monopolies and platform cooperatives
16th February – Tuesday 7 pm
The Future is Swedish – Universal Service Network
Ericsson 5G, fibre optic and open source software
2nd March – Tuesday 7 pm
Everyone gets a voice – Massive Multi-Person On-Line Deliberation, Citizens’ assemblies, e-voting and Liquid Democracy