We are a fast growing and multi award winning directional lingerie brand. Following a period of significant growth we have a great opportunity for an experienced Front End Developer/Designer to join our West London team.
This is a role suited to an enthusiastic and flexible professional who would thrive in the fast paced environment. This is a rare opportunity to grow with and help shape a future global brand. If you enjoy being a key part of a small team and want to genuinely help shape the success of a fast growing business then read on.
As our Front End Developer, your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of websites and web application’s user interfaces. This involves creating brand appropriate designs and using semantic mark-up language i.e. XTMTL/CSS, to turn static Photoshop designs into working browser based web pages. You’ll also work closely with server-side developers to implement their server-side code in order to develop complex, interactive and database driven websites. Generally you’ll be working with an off-the-shelf or bespoke CMS, so you’ll need to ensure designs integrate seamlessly into the chosen technology.
As a Front End Developer you’ll also be responsible for:
- Providing accurate timing estimates on your work.
- Contributing to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Contributing to the company development standards working closely with the E-commerce Manager.
- Discussing technical solutions and providing innovative new ideas to solutions.
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist.
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of your markets developments.
- Excellent HTML5, LESS and SASS experience
- Coding valid XHTML and CSS mark-up
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Experience with JQuery
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- Excitement about emerging web technologies.
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility
- Experience working with version control systems such as SVN
- Experience building sites to at least an AA standard
- Some experience in AJAX techniques
- Knowledge of HTML Email best practice desirable
- Graphic design/print design, proven visual creative ability for Ecommerce environment
- Use of Typography and Grid Systems
- Fluent User-Centered Design Process and methodologies
- Use of CMS
- Knowledge of Maxymiser Multivariate testing beneficial
Skills and experience necessary for this role:
About the Company
The company is a multi-award-winning lingerie brand with sales in UK, US and Germany, and the exclusive license holder for a very hot label. The company is a multichannel retailer – sales channels include ecommerce, marketplace and wholesale via selected stockists such as Selfridges, ASOS, Figleaves and Urban Outfitters.
Please kindly send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]